Thanks to Révolution Végétale, the « Îles Flottantes » are for vegan people new. This is our yummy release.
* For 2 greedy people *
« Îles » :
– 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon of chickpea juice ( try to find a very thick one )
– 6 tablespoons very full of cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons full guar gum
– 3 large tablespoons of blond sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder
– 5 lemon drops
Beat the white chickpea gradually adding the mixture starch and guar gum.
The mixture will thicken, then when white, fix with lemon drops continuing to whip.
Gradually add the vanilla sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes the mixture for it is firm.
Separate in two parts.
Putt water and a little salt to boil.
Poach ( heat = average ) islands 40 seconds, return and still poach 40 seconds.
Put it on a table linen ( in a plate ) so it can to drain and goes to the fridge .
– 4 generous tablespoons of blond sugar (as clear as possible)
– 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar ( here rice vinegar)
– 3/4 cup of hot water
In a nonstick pan , turn heat sugar and vinegar .
When the edges begin to brown , stir with a wooden spoon.
Continue to heat when it takes a beautiful caramel color (and it smells like caramel) , remove from heat and add hot water (be careful with projections, be away ).
Return to heat and stir until the caramel dissolves in water.
Put in a high heat resistant container ( here sandstone) and cool down.
– 1/6 cup of vanilla soy milk
– 3 beautiful tablespoons of Custard powder
– 2 generous tablespoons of brown sugar
In a saucepan , combine all cold ingredients.
Turn on the heat and stir constantly until it thickens.
Turn off the heat and let cool , stirring occasionally to prevent a « skin » forms.
Roasted almonds :
In a skillet over medium heat, toast a handful of almonds .
Once it tooks a nice color , remove from heat and stop cooking by placing in a bowl.
Put the custard into 2 bowls.
Gently islands in the center.
Pour caramel (it will remain for another recipe ).
Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Ready to be devoured ! Bon appétit.